Hello OBC Members
As you would all now be aware there we are experiencing another COVID related Lockdown as of 9 July 2020 for a further six weeks.
Unfortunately this means a return to the conditions we were experiencing at our Club in the recent past.
Monash Council has advised us that we must close our Clubrooms as of now which means the rooms are out of bounds once more. As of today Bowls Victoria have declared that “Roll ups” may continue as long as the conditions below are observed. Obviously we ask you all to observe them until further notice.
The Club COM is still working hard to keep our Club afloat and we all hope things will return to normal sometime in early September. In the meantime it is most important that we all observe these conditions and stay healthy in readiness for a timely return to our great Club.
RESTRICTIONS AS OF 8 JULY 2020
The Green (Top) is still open for play under the following conditions.
Unfortunately the Clubhouse is “out of bounds” with the exception of toilets so there will be no access to the bar, kitchen, main dining room or the deck. We apologise for this but it is beyond our control.
There is a maximum of 10 bowlers at a time on the green ( ONLY 2 people per rink), who must observe “social distance of 1.5M” and you will need to book a playing time with Heather Topp the day before you want to play. We ask you please to observe this condition.
Play can only take place on the Top Green and bowls must be East – West.
These are the strict guidelines under which you can access the Club and they will posted at various points around the Club. Please observe them.
Thank you for patience and consideration.
- YOU MUST BOOK A SESSION TIME WITH SECRETARY HEATHER TOPP BEFORE USING THE GREEN
- BOOKINGS SHOULD BE MADE THE DAY BEFORE WITH HEATHER BY EMAIL OR PHONE (9569 7650
- THE MAXIMUM SESSION TIME IS TWO HOURS
- ONLY CLUB MEMBERS MAY USE THE GREEN – NO GUESTS ALLOWED
- YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ATTENDANCE REGISTERBEFORE PLAYING (LOCATED INSIDE LOCKER ROOM)
- A MAXIMUM OF 10 BOWLERSIS PERMITTED ON THE GREEN AT ANY TIME – ONLY TWO PER RINK
- YOU MUST OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING ( 1.5M APART AT ALL TIMES)
- NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED – YOU MUST BOWL AND THEN VACATE THE PREMISES
- ACCESS TO BUILDING IS LIMITED TO THE MAIN LOCKER ROOM AND TOILETS ONLY
- THERE IS NO ACCESS TO THE MAIN BUILDING OR THE DECK
- THE BAR IS NOT OPEN AND THERE IS NO ACCESS TO THE KITCHEN
- ALL BOWLING IS TO BE DONE ON THE TOP GREEN – EAST- WEST ONLY
- SOCIAL DISTANCE OF 1.5M APPLIES ON THE GREEN
- PLEASE USE YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT AND AVOID CONTACT WITH OTHERS EQUIPMENT
- USE TWO JACKS IF PLAYING SINGLES, PAIRS, TRIPLES OR FOURS
- USE TWO MATS AND AVOID SHARING OR CONTACTING OTHERS’ BOWLS
- PLEASE CLEAN/WIPE JACKS AFTER USE AND SPRAY MATS ( MATERIALS PROVIDED IN LOCKER ROOM)
THESE CONDITIONS WILL APPLY UNTIL THE NEXT ROUND OF RESTRICTIONS IS RELEASED BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND CO-OPERATION